The Tasmanian Engineer Corps changed its name during 1886 to the Tasmanian Torpedo Corps. This accurately reflected their primary role. For the next four years there was little change in strength, the activities or the efficiency of the Corps.
The image below is the model of the Torpedo Boat TB191 displayed at the Tasmanian Maritime Museum
Click on the links below to access further information on the Torpedo Corps
The Tasmanian Torpedo Corps (Engineers) c1895
The bearded officer in the centre is Captain Robert Henry with Lieutenants Harry Packer and Charles Parker.
The instructor, Sergeant Major Joseph Hardy, RE, is seated on the extreme right